The Electrology program prepares students who want to become Electrologists. They will be train in permanent hair removal and laser or light-based hair reduction using equipment and devices approved by the board which have been cleared by and registered with the U.S.F.D.A. and that are used pursuant to protocols approved by the board. This program consists of 120 hours of academic instructions and 200 hours of clinical applications.
• 16 Weeks/4 Months - Part Time
- Social Security Card
- Driver’s License or State ID
- High School Diploma or GED
- Resident Card of Proof of Citizenship
- Be at least 18 years old
• Mornings: Monday to Friday — 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. or
• Evenings: Monday to Friday — 6:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m.
Saturdays 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Optional For Clinic Services
- Introduction and Hands-on Equipment to Electrolysis Techniques through Galvanic, Thermolysis, Blend, and Laser and Light-Based Modalities, History of Permanent Hair Removal, General Treatment Procedures.
- Principles of Electricity, Epilator Functions, and Adjustments.
- Laser and Light-Based Hair Removal Physics, Safety & Precautions.
- Integumentary, Circulatory, Nervous & Endocrine System
- Biology of Hair Growth.
- Skin Assessment, Types & Effects of Temporary Hair Removal.
- Bloodborne Pathogens & HIV/AIDS
- Microbiology of the Skin, Sanitation & Safety.
- Clinic & Office Management, Communications, Ethics, Bookkeeping, Patient Management.
- Coordination Skills with Probe Holder and Forceps, Insertions.
Classes start every Monday
English & Spanish Classes
Government Pell Grants, Student Loans (Direct Loans), Institution Scholarship & Payment Plan. *For those who qualify
We will assist our current and grad students in seeking for employment, but cannot guarantee job placement.
Student must take and pass the Florida Electrolysis State Board test to obtain a license.