The program provides training in various barber services and the biological study of the hair. Lectures in this program will include chemistry, sterilization, bacteriology, hygiene, state law, and salon management.
The student will become skilled in performing barber services as performed in a barbershop and should have the ability to pass the state licensing examination to become employed in the barbering field.
1200 Hrs (60 Weeks/15 Months – Part Time)
- Social Security Card
- Driver’s License or State ID
- High School Diploma or GED
- Resident Card of Proof of Citizenship
- Be at least 16 years old
Mornings: Monday to Friday — 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. or
Evenings: Monday to Friday — 6:00 p.m. – 10:00 p.m.
Saturdays 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Optional For Clinic Services
- Haircutting: Clipper & Shear Cutting (Fades, Tapers, Blowout, Flat Top), Razor Cutting, Haircutting Techniques, Designs.
- Shaving: Mustache & Beard Shaping, Facial Hair Design, Honing & Stropping.
- Chemical Services: Bleach, Color, Permanent, Relaxers, Curling.
- Hairstyles, Electric Steamers, Infrared Lamp, Ultra Violet Lamp, Themal Lamp, Hair Structure, Shampoo, Scalp Treatment & Manipulation, Men’s Hair Replacement.
- Skin Care: Facials, Masks, Facial Massage, Waxing Techniques, Properties & Disorders of the Skin.
- Public Safety: Sanitation, Microbiology, Bacteriology, Infection Control & Safe Work Practices, Implements, Tools and Equipment Sterilization.
- Barber Shop Management, The History of Barbering, Professional Image, FL Test State Board Preparation, FL Licensing Laws and Job Search.
Classes start every Monday
English & Spanish Classes
Government Pell Grants, Student Loans (Direct Loans), Institution Scholarship & Payment Plan. *For those who qualify
We will assist our current and grad students in seeking for employment, but cannot guarantee job placement.
Student must take and pass the Florida Barber State Board test to obtain a license.